For at least the past 2 years, I have been running How 2 Wear It as a business. What started as a fun hobby, is now a fun side-hustle! It’s important to note though that a hobby is a lot different than a business. In how you run it, the time you put into it, and so much more! Today I wanted to talk to you about the my top 5 blogging business essentials that have helped me transform How 2 Wear It from a hobby to a business!
- LIGHTROOM!! – the most used program for my blog!! This blog wouldn’t be what it is today without Lightroom. If you’re a blogger and can’t decide whether to purchase or not, I can tell you that 100% GET IT!! I pay a monthly fee of $11 for Adobe Creative Cloud and have access to Lightroom, Photoshop, and Illustrator. LOVE it!! You can purchase it here!
- Quality camera – I’m currently using a Canon T5 rebel with a 50mm lens. It’s been so good to me for the last 4 years, but thinking it will be time for an upgrade soon! Looking at switching to a smaller camera and an even lower f stop lens. Any recommendations?! Let me know in the comments below!
- Thank you notes – as a business owner ((and especially a blogger)) that is constantly collaborating with other bloggers and businesses, thank you notes are a must!! Thanks to Basic Invite I’m set! They had over 1,500 choices ((like what?!)) but I was able to narrow it down based on the fonts and colors I liked! You can order custom samples to start with ((which is what I did)) and then make your decision after you’ve received a physical copy and have been able to review them.
- Business cards – we live in a digital age where we’re always asking, “What’s your Instagram? I’ll follow you!”. That’s great and all, but there is still a need for an actual business card. In networking situations, when time is running out at an event, or at a business meeting for instance. I recently ordered new ones from MOO and will be sure to share them with y’all when I receive them!
- Clothing rack – sounds funny, but for a fashion blogger it’s essential! I had one in my previous apartment, then when I moved to my studio I decided not to set it up here based on lack of “frivolous” space. Come to find out, a clothing rack is NOT frivolous for a fashion blogger haha! I took down a bookshelf that was barely being being used and set up my clothing rack in it’s place. Best. Decision. Ever! 🙂 This is the one I have.
If you are a blogger and have any additional blogging business essentials, let me know what they are in the comments below! Thanks for stopping by y’all!
Thank you to Basic Invite for sponsoring this post. And thank you reader’s for supporting the brands that support this blog!