Welcome to the First & Final Thoughts Friday wrap up of 2017! Just to give you a run down of how these posts are formatted:
- I will give my first and final thoughts on a few categories
- The categories will include more than just fashion
- The posts will be on Friday’s
I have seen lots of bloggers doing “2017 wrap-up” posts including highlights from their year, their favorite products, most popular posts, etc .. so I wanted to join the fun but put my own little spin on it! So for our First & Final Thoughts this Friday we will be discussing 4 topics. Fashion, Travel, Blog Life, and Real Life. I will share a photo/post from the beginning of 2017 and then one at the end and reflect on the change throughout the year. This post will be fun for me to look back on in the years to come, and I hope you enjoy walking down memory lane a little bit with me as well 🙂
((see full outfit post here))
- First Thought – started the year off with this minimalistic outfit and giving myself a focus word for 2017. Which was “define”. I LOVE the way my fashion started for the year. In fact, I think it “defined” my style for the remainder of the year!!
((see full details on 12 days of Christmas here))
- Final Thought – ended the year with the 2nd annual 12 days of Christmas with my blogger besties, Laura Leigh and Sarah! This series is probably my all time favorite and I look forward to it all year!! This year’s was SO AMAZING!! Did y’all enter in the giveaways?! If so, I hope some of you were the lucky winners!
- Verdict – I would say my style stayed pretty classic, minimal, with a little bit of trend throughout the year. Exactly what I hoped for! Did y’all enjoy this year’s outfit posts?! Anything you would like to see added or different for 2018?! Let me know in the comments below!
((see full travel details here))
- First Thought – first trip of 2017 was to Fort Wayne, IN with my blogger gals! The main focus of the trip was to visit the Vera Bradley headquarters and let me tell you, it did not disappoint!
((see full travel details here))
- Final Thought – final trip of 2017 was to St. Simons Island with my girl, Laura Leigh. We have become little travel buddies and pretty much don’t go on a trip without one another haha!
- Verdict – I did 4 trips on behalf of How 2 Wear It in 2017 and would like to double that in 2018! Watch out travel world, Laura Leigh and I are coming for you! 🙂
((see full outfit details here))
- First Thought – at the beginning of the year I got the opportunity to work with some major brands that I could have only dreamed of collaborating with one day!! The year was off to a great start!
((see full post details here))
- Final Thought – ended the year collaborating with some of those same companies and I am SO THANKFUL to have created and maintained those relationships!
- Verdict – 2017 was great in terms of blog life, but I have some big goals for 2018 that I’m hoping to achieve!! Wish me luck, y’all!
- First Thought – my best friend got married in 2017 and the first quarter of the year was spent celebrating her!! This was my first time in a wedding and I had a BLAST!!! Above is a shot of us at her bachelorette in Vegas. All I have to say, is that we had a little
too muchfun! 😉
- Final Thought – in case you haven’t seen him pop up on my Insta feed yet, meet my boyfriend 🙂 It’s been quite a while since I’ve done the whole bf-gf thing and I must say I missed it. It’s also a little nerve wracking to put our relationship out there to the public ((especially people I don’t personally know)) but I’m excited to share a more personal side of my life with you as well. Do y’all enjoy that? Or would you prefer me to keep it “blog like and styled” in 2018?
- Verdict – 2017 was a year of some changes but 2018 is bound to hold even more and I’m SO EXCITED!!