Y’all know I’m a HUGE proponent of affordable fashion! I mean I featured a $10 dress here and a $23 designer dupe here! But there are certain items worth the investment! I created the collage above as a visual aid to show you just how classic and timeless all these 10 items are as well as reasons below I think they would all be good additions to your closet. I own all 10 of these so speaking from experience here!
- Louis Vuitton Neverfull – I have the GM (largest size). This bag increases in value every year and is probably my top item worth the investment! It’s great for traveling, as a tote for work, as a purse, and will be a great diaper bag one day!
- Chanel flats – I got mine off of Poshmark (an online secondhand retailer) for a great deal but think that paying for them full-price is worth it too. If you asked me to name the most classic shoe I can think of I would say “A Chanel ballet flat”. Eventually I would like to get a black pair.
- Tory Burch Miller sandals – these have come back year after year and continue to be my favorite flip flop! I have them in gold which goes with just about everything in my spring and summer wardrobe
- Denim jacket – this one doesn’t need much explaining but all I’m saying is if you don’t have one in your closet, get this one NOW! I carry my denim jacket with me to EVERY restaurant I go to in the summer. You think I’m joking? Ask my family 🙂
- Hunter rain boots – $150 for a pair of wellies?! I thought the same when I first heard of Hunter’s. But after having them on my “wish list” for 3 or so years I finally splurged last year and they were SO worth it!! I have matte black because .. duh, it’s me! #AllBlackAllTheTime
- Gold stud earrings or Pearls – I wear my gold stud earrings or pearls everyday to work. My gold studs are Lilly Pulitzer which I cannot seem to find online anymore 🙁 but I gifted these to my sister in silver a couple of years ago and she says she wears them a lot! Can’t go wrong with a good pair of studs!
- Paige Denim – Until about 3 years ago I never bought designer denim. As y’all know, I’m all about affordable style and truly didn’t think designer denim was worth the price tag. That was until I got these. They are the softest pair of jeans I have ever owned and still look the way they did the day I got them. TOTALLY worth the almost $200 price tag. Jeans are an item you will get lots of wear out of and worth the investment in my opinion.
- Ray-Ban Original Aviator – recently got a pair of these and wondering what took me so long! If you’re someone that doesn’t lose your sunnies every vacation you go on, I suggest investing in these! Such a classic!
- Express Barcelona cami – $40 seems like a lot for a camisole. I know! But like the denim mentioned above, a white cami is a wardrobe staple that gets so much wear! I would rather spend a little more on items like this so that they will last me more than 2 seasons. Mine is 4 years old and still going strong! ((NOTE – it appears to currently be out of stock but they re-stock them often so bookmark the page so you can check back when they re-stock!))
- Gucci Soho Disco bag – y’all have seen me feature this bag on here more times than I can count. Like my Chanel flats, I got mine off Poshmark 2 summer’s ago but wouldn’t think twice about investing in it now that I know how much I use it!
What items have you invested in?! Any I should add to my list?
Thanks for stopping by! See y’all tomorrow with a new outfit post and 3 things I plan to check off my to-do list this weekend 🙂
[Shop 10 must have investment items]