I’ll be the first to tell you that I’m not the healthiest person out there. I rarely work out and enjoy a weekly run to Chick-fil-A for my spicy chicken sandwich with Chick-fil-A sauce. Butttt … I did lose 40 pounds about 6 years ago from changing some major things in my lifestyle. I used the Weight Watchers program and think it is a great option if you are looking to make a big change. Today though, I wanted to share with you 5 easy ways to a healthier you. These 5 things have helped me live a healthy lifestyle for the past 6 years and I hope they’re of help to you!
- Find an activity you LOVE that will also help you stay active – for me this has always been dance/yoga. This past weekend I had the opportunity to preview a class with CorePower Yoga and I’m a fan!! I can’t wait to sign up for their studio opening April 8th off of Park Rd ((if you’re in the Charlotte area)). They are offering 25% off Black Tag memberships pre-opening. So check them out!
- Get LOTS of sleep!! – this one is hard for all of us, but its essential to being healthy. It not only helps with a healthy attitude 🙂 but improves your heart, weight, skin, and mind. So skip that late night HGTV binge ((believe me, this one is hard for me too!)) and get some shut eye!
- Eat healthy – “Le duh, Morgan!” that’s what you’re thinking, right?! I know that ones obvious, but I wanted to touch on this and let you know what helped me lose all that weight and keep it off. BALANCE! Like I said, I did Weight Watchers and that “diet” is all about balance. I like programs that encourage eating healthy whole foods but also allow for indulging in treats now and then. I have also tried Whole 30 ((read about my experience here)) and that was probably one of the hardest things I’ve done but also the most eyeopening and effective programs I’ve followed. After the 30 days I began incorporating the off-limits foods ((dairy, sugar, legumes, alcohol, and wheat)) back into my diet and realized that dairy and sugar affect me in a negative way. I now eat those 2 food groups mainly when I am not prepping my own food, and hardly ever buy them when I’m grocery shopping. Balance is key I tell ya!
- Pay attention to ingredients – it’s important to not only pay careful attention to what goes into our bodies, but also what we store our food in, what we put on our bodies ((skincare, make-up, bath products)), what we clean our houses with.
- Water Water Water! – as I’m sure you’ve heard, water is probably the KEY ingredient to a healthy lifestyle. And if you’re a little bored with “plain” water, try adding some fruit in or La Croix flavored, sparkling waters are a good alternative to sodas. They curb the craving for me!
Hope you enjoyed this post! Thanks for stopping by!
[Shop the post]