Good morning ladies!! Today I am participating in a fun little virtual cookie exchange with some of my best blogger friends! Today I’m sharing my iced peppermint sugar cookie recipe!
- 1 1/2 cups sugar (plus more for rolling)
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 14 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl.
- Using a stand mixer, beat butter and sugar on medium speed until fluffy, 3-5 minutes. ((I unfortunately don’t have a stand mixer so hand whisk works just fine too! It will just take you longer)) Add eggs, one at a time, and vanilla and peppermint extracts and beat until combined. Reduce speed to low, slowly add flour mixture, and beat until combined.
- Place about 1/2 cup extra sugar in a dish. Use a cookie scoop to make uniform size balls and roll them in the sugar and place 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake until edges are barely brown but the center is still soft and fluffy, 10-12 minutes. Let cookies cool on sheet for 10 minutes.
- Remove and ice with desired frosting and sprinkles.
Head to Dearest Dawn next where she is sharing her yummy s’mores cookie recipe!