Thursday Thoughts .. has a nice ring to it! Maybe we should make this a regular thing? If y’all enjoy this post today let me know and maybe we’ll have a new series on our hands
I recently went on a blogging trip with some blogger gal pals and naturally there was lots of girl talk, discussions on this industry, and sharing our honest opinions on blogging that we don’t often get the chance to discuss. I’m a “girls girl” for sure and really enjoy time like that with like-minded women, discussing things we’re passionate about. This got me thinking about all the things I learned about myself through blogging and I thought it would fun to share them with y’all. Kind of let you in on our little girl talk
- I’m more creative than I thought. I have always been more skilled in the logical aspects of life like math, organizing, and budgeting. Was never great at artistic things, but blogging has really challenged this side of my brain and I love it!
- My style is VERY classically based. I think I kind of already knew this, but being engrossed in fashion day in and day out, it became really clear.
- I value genuine relationships. Prior to blogging, I already had my ride-or-die’s. You know who you are ((cough – Alissa, Lauren, Kristen, Alex, Heather, Meghan – cough)) and didn’t really think blogging would bring me friendships. I was open to that but had heard that many women were competitive in this industry and I HATE fake relationships. Sadly, that competitiveness is very prevalent in blogging, but I have found MANY remarkable women through blogging. So thankful for their friendships! ((cough – Sarah, Courtney, Brittany, Laura – cough))
- I’m independent. This blog started out as a hobby, but has grown into a small business and I had to learn how to navigate a lot of this all on my own. Pretty proud of myself for that!
- I have a love for photography. Just like my Momma! I grew up with a mom that always wanted to take pictures. Sometimes it was annoying ((like when we had to take family Christmas pictures in public places)), but I always appreciated the pictures after. And don’t worry, the irony is not lost on me that I now take pictures in public places “for a living” hahaha. I thoroughly enjoy scouting out shoot locations, fixing my camera settings, editing the pictures, and taking them for my blogging friends! If there were more hours in the day, I would love to do photography as a side business as well!
[Shop the post]