What started out as a fun hobby for me, has now become like a side business. Along with a full-time job, I “evening nanny” a couple of nights a week, and work on my little space of the internet at least 20 hours a week. And I LOVE it! Sometimes it can be a lot to juggle and I wear myself too thin, but most of the time my Type A personality traits keep things running smoothly. Haha. Having blogged for over 2 years now, I have come to realize what works and what doesn’t and thought it would be helpful to share with my blogger gal pals out there! To preface this, I DO NOT have it all together and at some points something falls to the wayside, but these few things have helped keep me organized and How 2 Wear It in tip-top shape 🙂
- Planner – I would DIE without my planner! Haha – okay, that’s a bit dramatic but in all honesty it really does keep my schedule running smoothly. I keep it open all day on my desk and constantly refer to it throughout the day. I love planners like this one where you can personalize it to your needs! Along with the weekly inserts, I also have inserts for blog planning and scheduling, and inserts for meal planning!
- MacBook – About a month ago I finally gave in and bought a MacBook! My family knew I “needed” one for the blog and had been gifting me Apple gift cards for every occasion and I myself had been saving and finally decided to purchase! I know this sounds a little silly, but it has made such a HUGE difference in my blog. More on why below! I had previously been working on a tablet so needless to say, this was a big upgrade haha. Keeping my new big purchase protected was a top priority so I immediately thought of Caseapp. I had previously worked with them on designing a hardshell protective phone case and thought they were the perfect option when searching for a skin for my new Macbook. I loved personalizing this marble print skin with my initials. Isn’t it gorgeous?! Would you like to win one of these skins for your laptop?! Enter the rafflecopter giveaway below!
- Tailwind – this is a scheduling tool for Pinterest and no lie, since downloading this my following has doubled! All you do is pick the content you want posted and the site pins them based on the optimal times for you! It is free for your first 100 pins ((which is still what I am using)) and then a monthly fee after that. After seeing so much success in my first month though, I think I am going to continue with the paid service!
- Blogging groups – This is one of my favorite aspects of blogging! I have not only met women that have become great friends, but it is also nice to have a community that shares your passion and is there to listen to the struggles and help you out when needed! If you are not in a blogging community already, I highly suggest joining one! I am a member of 4!
- Adobe Creative Cloud – BEST purchase to date for the blog!! This is a $10 monthly Adobe subscription that gives me access to Lightroom and Photoshop. I was waiting until I purchased my MacBook to download this, and I am thrilled with all that I can now do in regards to editing and creating collages! My previous collages on the blog were created via Polyvore ((which was a great starting point and FREE! haha)) but there is SO much more I can accomplish with Photoshop! I am looking forward to creating a collage post in the near future that I hope you enjoy and also hope you like the improvement in picture quality with my new Lightroom editing!
- My photographers! – where would I be without the many people that take time out of their busy schedules to take picture for me?! I have only hired a photographer one time and LOVED working with her, but to be honest I don’t want to invest in that right now. Especially when I have so many people around me that do such a great job taking them for me!! Special shoutout to Colby, Mom, Evin, Lauren, and Kristen!!
- A whole lot of passion – Without my love for this industry, the amount of work I put into ‘How 2 Wear It’ would not be worth it. It’s so much more than getting dressed up and taking photos of yourself! If you are a blogger, you understand! And if not, just know that the thought, time, and work ((by not only me!)) that goes into each post is all to share great brands, style inspiration, an encouraging word, or even just a funny story with y’all.
Okay, now giveaway time!! If you love my marble monogrammed MacBook skin above and would like to personalize one of your own, enter below! Winner will be chosen THIS FRIDAY 5/27/16 at 12midnight EST. Good luck to all those that enter!!