Okay, y’all, the weekend I have been waiting for since this event was announced is finally here!! I’m having a hard time refraining my excitement and not telling anyone who will listen all about the upcoming Southern Blog Society conference weekend in Charleston, SC! I have been a member of the Southern Blog Society for less than a year and was so excited when I was given the opportunity to attend their 3rd annual blogging conference! There will be so many great bloggers and brands there! I have met some of the girls attending in passing at blogging events here in Charlotte, and will be rooming with my #bloggerbestie ((Sarah from Boho Chic Cafe)) whom is also a member! I cannot wait to meet the others and look forward to networking and talking all things fashion all weekend! This will be my first blogging conference so I was a little nervous about what to bring/wear/how much. After reading recaps from bloggers who have attended conferences like #RStheCon and #SBScon in previous years I have finally finished my packing list! There will be posts dedicated to each of my outfits for the many events and a full recap post detailing those events and locations in the upcoming weeks, but I wanted to share with y’all ahead of time my tote essentials for #SBScon. The essentials apply to any conference or traveling for that matter, so I hope this is helpful for some of you ladies!
- GiGi New York mini Taylor tote – I just received this in the mail last week for the conference and I can’t be more excited about it!! I’m kind of obsessed with bags and this one is no exception! It’s the perfect in-between size of a purse and tote. I will give a more detailed review on it after I use it for a while but I can already tell I’m going to love it.
- Portable charger – I have heard that this is a necessity for a conference. We will be on our phones all day networking, posting on social media, and staying up-to-date with our businesses so our phones will die quickly. And as silly as it sounds, a dead phone at one of these things is a NO NO!!
- Kate Spade agenda/notebook – I never leave my planner behind when traveling! It pretty much has my life planned out in it and also has a notes section that I will be using for the sessions!
- Windows Surface – Not sure yet that I will take this with me to the conference sessions, but will definitely have it in the room to download pictures each night and jot down a little recap from the days activity.
- Chapstick/Lipstick – I used to never wear chapstick but after being on an acne medicine for a couple of months that really dried out my skin ((I’m off of it now)), my lips need to constantly be moisturized. I’ve tried a couple of products and this Nivea “A Kiss of Moisture” is by far my favorite!
- Sunglasses – Umm, duh. Sunnies are essential! Especially for a blogging conference. Haha. #basicblogger
- Coach wristlet – I am going to leave my daily, bulky wallet at home and use this for the weekend. It will still fit the essentials and will be an easy grab-and-go for the events I don’t want to take my tote to.
- Camera – A blogger goes no where without her camera! Ask my brother, haha. Mine is pretty lightweight so it doesn’t add too much bulk to my bag. I would carry it with me at this event regardless, but it’s nice that it won’t weigh down the bag.
- Business cards – I’m sure I will pass out more of these than I can count this weekend. I love the design and colors on my business card because they match so well with the aesthetic of my blog! I ordered mine from Minted.com if you are looking for a place to order some yourself!
- Mints – these are self explanatory .. never know when you might need one! Essential for when networking and meeting all the brands!
Follow along on my travels ((I leave Thursday afternoon)) on my social media outlets! Instagram @_how2wearit_ and Snapchat @morgan.deans
[Shop the post]